Navigation Bar Blue

Wednesday 6 August 2014

Hot Gay Guys Are Everywhere In This City

I've been in this new city for about a week now and can I just say, what a good-looking place this is. Apart from the architecture, the views and geographical treasures, the city itself is bustling with a lot of attractive guys everywhere. The gay ones especially are most often very hot and very out of my league. Some of them even look like male fitness models which is unbelievable.

So last Thursday evening, while on a stroll in a park, I decided to take a seat on one of the ubiquitous benches for a little moment of stillness. However, for the next 30 minutes that I was there, I experienced no stillness because I was completely absorbed into a complete hot guy watch. It was rush hour and there were a lot of corporate city professionals commuting on foot in their dashing suits, also along with other hot body fitness guys who were running. My entire seating in the park might as well just be an ad for sports and formal wear.

"Oh look there's a hot guy. Oh wait there's another. Oh look wait, there's another. Oh my god, look at this one! Oh there goes another one. Aaw look at that! Whoa! What? Are you kidding me?"

Then on Sunday, my childhood best friend and his girlfriend decided to take me out for brunch at a local diner they frequent. The place was about a 10 minute walk from our apartment and while waiting for a table, hot attractive gay guys were seen everywhere. Passing me by, walking their dogs, grabbing a coffee to go, waiting beside me and jogging shirtless across the street. And I thought: "Jesus Oh God, I don't even look like that. How am I ever going to last in this game or even compete?"

The diner is run by some gay owners and as we sat outside and enjoyed our brunch, there was an attractive gay guy seated at the next table in his 30s. He was impeccably dressed in H&M from head to toe, with perfectly gelled hair and stylish sunglasses. He sat there eating his brunch, drinking his latte and reading the Sunday paper, impervious to whatever eye-contact or warmth smile I was trying to initiate except for when other guys walk past.

Well, what can I say? It still does hurt sometimes when people don't see you, but at least this time, I don't beat myself up for not being good enough like how I used to and to be honest, it feels very adult, very mature and very liberating.

2 comments:

  1. I hope that liberating feeling continues... Because the way you compete is by being the best you there is. A fully formed individual and completely realized, comfortable in your own skin. That confidence is so damn alluring,,,

    ReplyDelete